“Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it“
Brigitte Bardot was one of the best known sex symbols of the 1950s and 1960s and rose to fame at just 15.
Brigitte retired from acting in 1973, focusing her efforts on becoming a crusader for animal rights. In 1986, she established the Brigitte Bardot Foundation for the Welfare and Protection of Animals. In support of animal protection, she campaigns against the consumption of horse meat and condemned seal hunting in Canada. She also raised €811,000 in 2019 to fund the foundation by auctioning off jewellery and personal belongings!
Do you love Brigitte Bardot as much as we do? Here are some of our favourite facts about her for you to enjoy:
- Brigitte Bardot landed the cover of Elle magazine in 1949 when she was just 15 years old
- Brigitte had very conservative parents who were vehemently against her becoming an actress
- In the 50’s and 60’s it was the norm to put on a wig for a role. However, Brigitte decided to colour her hair and liked it so much that she kept her blonde locks!
- And God Created Woman (1956) is largely credited with turning Brigitte into an international star
- Brigitte had a Canadian fast interceptor vessel named after her, the MV Brigitte Bardot, by the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society after condemning seal-hunting
Want to see more? Check out our Icons range now!
At Rock Salt Prints we celebrate icons with our dynamic posters, canvases and variety of home furnishings. Explore some of our favourite people on our icons range. We have a wide selection of icons in pop art, graffiti and fashion photography styles. Inject life and vibrancy into your home with a gallery selection or even to make a statement in the kitchen with a chopping board or splashback.
Can’t see your favourite icon? We offer personalisation and can incorporate your favourite piece directly into your current décor.
Ready to get started on finding your perfect, iconic piece?
Can’t see the right colour or icon? We offer personalisation and can incorporate your favourite piece directly into your current décor. Contact us to enquire about your unique, personal piece.
Not sure where to start? Sign up to our newsletter below for more on our favourite Icons.